Travel Guidelines

Paying for Travel Services

Employee travel expenses should be purchased using the Travel Card. This prevents the employee from paying out of pocket and waiting on reimbursement. It also lowers the cost of processing multiple payment requests, and issuing multiple payments for a single trip. Direct-Bill arrangements for hotel or car rental should not be used for employee travel.

Non-Employees may be issued a DART card that could be provided to them to pay for their travel expenses. An alternative is to set up non-employee expenses as direct-bills with the vendor (Hotel and Rental Car). That direct-bill relationship is between each department and vendor. We do not have a university-level direct billing account for travel services.