Athletic/Performing Arts Ticket Purchases
- Accounts that are not funded by mandatory student fees, contracts or grants, Available University Fund, state appropriations, or restricted by donors may pay for event tickets.
- Single-event ticket purchases require the documentation of the business reason and who attended the event on the payment request.
- Season ticket purchases require the business purpose at the time of the purchase on the payment request.
- Department must document the use of the tickets for each event during the season. The log must show the event date, business purpose and who attended.
- In the event of an audit, the department must be able to present the log showing the business purpose for each event and who attended. If this cannot be provided, it could be considered tax-reportable income to the employee who used the tickets.
- Coded 5236