Before You Buy
- Determine if the purchase is within delegated limits or is exempt.
- Determine if the purchase is allowable on funding sources to be used for the purchase.
- If using state funds, remember to include Required State Documentation*.
- Review Disbursement Guidelines for restrictions on funding sources.
- For purchases greater than $500.00, you must verify that the vendor is not on the State of Texas Vendor Hold List, State of Texas Debarred Vendor List or the Excluded Parties List.
- Decide if the goods or services are available:
- From a vendor with a contracted price
- From a Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) vendor
- From the Texas Industries for the Blind and Handicapped (TIBH)
- Do not pay Texas State Sales Tax! Present the Texas Sales Tax Exemption Form to the vendor prior to purchase.
- Exemption also applies to Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax and Texas Motor Vehicle Rental Tax.
* If the purchase will be funded with state funds and purchased outside of the Regular order process in AggieBuy, then the state requires the purchaser to get a quote or document the order date, quantity, description of item, price, and shipping cost prior to or at the time of order. The state expects for the invoice to be matched against this "Required State Documentation" with any overages not paid to the vendor with state funds as it was outside of the agreement with the vendor. Any overages would have to be paid with local funds. However, an appropriate reason would have to be provided to pay any overage.