Guidelines for the Disbursement of Funds

Parking Permits

We can pay for visitor parking or a departmental parking space with either state or local funds, as long as the visitor is conducting business here and as long as the departmental space is used for visitors to the department who are conducting business here or for a state-owned vehicle.

The state will not pay for an employee's parking permit. If a department wants to pay for an employee's parking permit, they can do so with unrestricted gift funds (50XXXX accounts) or restricted gift funds (51XXXX accounts) that allow for that type of expense.