Guidelines for the Disbursement of Funds

Fuel Purchases

By mandate of the Council on Competitive Government, all state agencies must have a fuel card program. The Transportation Center has been designated the responsibility for administering the fuel card program for Texas A&M University.

For state-owned vehicles, fuel, parts or maintenance purchased within Bryan/College Station are to be purchased from the Transportation Center on Agronomy Road. Fuel, parts or maintenance purchased outside the Bryan/College Station area are to be purchased with fuel cards issued by the Transportations Center. If the Transportation Center is not able to perform the work in a timely manner, the Center will be responsible for subletting the work. All fuel cards are to be issued by the Transportation Center. Please contact the Transportation Center if your department has a fuel card that was not issued by the Transportation Center.

Purchases of fuel, parts or maintenance for non-state-owned vehicles or off-road vehicles (tractors, gators, gas powered golf carts, etc.) are not required to be made at the Transportation Center on Agronomy Road or on the fuel cards. These types of fuel purchases can be made on the payment card and coded as 4030 Fuels and Lubricants.

The purchase of fuel for rental cars can and should be purchased on the university travel card.