Guidelines for the Disbursement of Funds

State Department Rates

State Department Rates are used to determine meal and lodging rates for the area of the country that is being traveled to. Foreign travel is required to be allocated to local funds only, so the rates are only used as a guide and it is not a university policy to limit meals and lodging to these rates on local funds. However, departments may limit the travelers to these rates, so please check with your business office. GSA rates mentioned in the Meals and Lodging Section are for domestic travel only.